Another great foodie penpals month. And guess what? This the 1 year anniversary of Lindsay starting the program (happy bday FPP), I joined in on the fun back in January. This month I was sent my treats from Kelly who apparently doesn’t have a blog listed in her email or the FPP listing and I should have asked if she wanted a guest spot, sorry Kelly. She was very good about asking questions and sending me treats to match my complicated dietary preferences and requirements. So good in fact, my Mom wanted to steal most of my treats when I hauled them over to her place to take photos and type while doing some laundry. Being the nice daughter I am, I gave her some treats along with additional FitBloggin goodies. This may or may not have to do with all the free babysitting I get for my fur-baby.
What was in my package? Well, let’s look at the pictures.
The “written” aspect was very cool. A magazine from the area, along with a hand written note.
The meringue cookies were a cool surprise, simple and delicious vanilla, simply sugar with more sugar haha. Yum. The marshmallows were also very awesome looking and sounding. Mom wanted them, but I kept them for my own enjoyment this winter. I’m thinking of all types of winter drinks to create and top off with some brown and green treats!
Dried fruit is always a special treat, and I found myself in possession of persimmons (I missed the company before giving the bag away) and apples/strawberries from FruitziO. I’ll be honest though, both were flavors I’m not too fond of, so Mom was more than willing to help keep them from going to waste. She’ll have some healthy treats at her desk now at work.
A final treat was the Rocky Mountain Popcorn. Fun and fluffy and ready to join in on movie night, which I have plenty of those nights with Ian especially while he is working on his 31 Days of Halloween podcast. Mom broke into the bag for herself last night and mentioned they were a tad too sweet for popcorn.
Thank you again for the package, I can tell you took time to find a variety of what I liked and new things to try. After all, some of my new favorite treats have been from FPP packages.
What did everyone else get in their packages?
Anyone interested in joining in the fun for October? Well, here’s the 411:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by October 4th as pairings will be emailed on October 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email at email@example.com and she’ll see if we get enough interest this month!
Current penpals…remember that you MUST sign up again each month to get back on the list!!!!!