Happy Valentine’s Day! OK, moment of truth. I apparently forgot how to type and it took me no fewer than 10 tries to type those for three words (and parts of the last sentence) yikes!
Anyway, here is my valentine to you, a wonderfully delicious bread recipe. The other week I was trying to figure out if you can make Banana Bread without bananas. In my Google search efforts I discovered this stuff called Applesauce Bread. The recipe I finally used in my testing was from McCormick, because I have always loved their recipes and of course love their spices and seasonings! The Cinnamon Applesauce Bread was a HUGE hit for me and my coworkers. This week I took it a step further and made a more “seasonal” version.
Chocolate Cherry Applesauce Bread
What you will need:
- 2.5 cups AP flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup cherries
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine the wet ingredients other than your cherries and chocolate in a separate bowl
- Slowly add the wet mixture to your dry mixture
- Add your cherries and chocolate chips, stirring by hand
- Pour mix into a bread pan (you may need to prep it with cooking spray)
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes (or until tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean)
- Allow to cool, slice, serve and ENJOY!
Makes 12-16 slices