I had NO IDEA what to call this dish, it’s a hodgepodge of a bunch of things, and for me surprisingly delicious. I’ve been meaning to figure out how “bad” it is for me, but when I really think about it, the worst part is the cheese sauce and per serving it isn’t too much. If you’re looking for a quick, easy and filling dish (AKA you’re part of this lovely “Polar Vortex” with me) keep scrolling and taking notes and make this for yourself.
Beefy Mac & Cheese Casserole
What you need:
- 1 16 oz jar of spaghetti sauce (I used the kind with meat)
- 1 16 oz jar of cheese sauce (I used Regu it’s in the same aisle as the pasta and Alfredo sauces)
- 1 16 oz package of sausage (or other “beef”)
- 1 16 oz package of vegetables, thawed (I used a blend of corn, carrots, green beans and peas)
- 1 16 oz box of whole wheat elbow macaroni
- Worcestershire sauce
Preheat your oven to 350 degree F.
Prepared the pasta according to package to the point where it is Al dente (Remember it’s going in the oven)
In a large skillet prepare the sausage or other meat according to package. Once browned, season to preference with the Worcestershire sauce
In a deep (or long) casserole dish (I used my new Anchor 12-cup dish) pour approximately half the cheese sauce and half the spaghetti sauce. Blend
Add half the veggies, all of the macaroni, and all of the sausage
Top with the other half of the veggies and the other half of the cheese & pasta sauces
Place in the oven uncovered and bake at 350 degree for approximately 30 minutes
Allow to cool. Mix, serve and enjoy!