Good Monday morning to you friends. Those of you who have been around a while may have been wondering if I was going to get around to posting this fun treat. Those who are new should join in on the fun. In 2011 and 2012 I hosted an ornament exchange. Both years were fairly successful and each year I learn a little more on what I should do differently the next.
One change I made this year is the addition of the card exchange. I don’t want anyone to think they can’t be a part of the holiday spirit due to a tight budget. However, this started as an ornament exchange and I want to stay true to my roots. In past years I’ve noticed a lot of other bloggers doing a card exchange or a few did sock swaps. My favorite gifts came from those sock swaps! Those bloggers haven’t posted anything this year, some have started families and are focusing on other priorities now. I don’t want to step on any toes though, so I’ll stick to my own thing. Please feel free to share links to yours or someone else’s exchange though! I’ll edit this section as new links arrive.
- Zaneta of Runner’s Luck is hosting her 4th Annual Card Swap
- Sarah Scott is organizing an Elfster gift exchange with fellow FitBloggin’ friends
- UPDATE Courtney of Third Time’s a Charm Runner has her 3rd Annual Sock Swap
The guidelines are simple.
- Leave me a comment letting me know you are interested AND send me a message (Julie@ROJRunning.com) with your name, email, mailing address, blog/twitter/whatever and any important facts (color scheme, preference of gold vs silver, homemade versus store bought, religious preferences, etc). Also let me know if you’re signing up to exchange an ornament, a card, or both. You may also opt to fill out the Google form here.
- I am willing to allow US and Canadian sign ups for the ornament portion. Correct me if I’m wrong, but sending a card internationally shouldn’t be too expensive, right?
- Sign ups start today and run until Nov 29, 2013, yes good old Black Friday. If you all think you need your partners before BF let me know and I’ll adjust when I send out the names.
- Please have your ornament and/or cards in the mail by Dec 13, 2013. The idea is to have your stuff in time to enjoy it the whole season. Preferably have your stuff out sooner!
- Spending should be between $5 and $15 US.
- When you get your package/card, show it off! Take pictures and post to your blog, Twitter or Instagram. Leave a comment letting me know it’s up. I’ll create a post showcasing everyone’s exchanges.
- Remember a blog is not required, you simply need the ability to buy, send and receive a package/card.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I think the change in how I assign partners this year will help as I will have all the addresses from the start and I will be doing direct matches instead of 3 or 4 way trades for the ornaments.
Feel free to scoop up this image for the link back/promotion.
Thanks for joining and HAPPY HOLIDAYS.