The time has come. The Columbus Pretty Muddy event is looming around the corner. Are all your plans finalized?
When I was accepted as a race ambassador so many months ago, it was hard to fathom September would ever arrive in this calender year. Now that I can see the race penciled in on my planner I am getting very excited and a little nervous. Originally I was going to use my free entry and then have friends or family pay to join me. Sadly in the last several months all friends and family have opted to spend their money in other ways. Boo. So I am flying solo at this year’s event, but I know that’ll be fine because there is a huge group of fun and happy ladies waiting to be my friends. If you’re hoping to join me, the current registration is $69.50 and I’m in the 1100 AM wave.
A few important reminders from their site:
Pretty Muddy is a 5k adventurous obstacle course mud run for any woman
who wants to get outside, spend time with friends and have fun.
– 5k Course (3.1 miles, run or walk)
– Women Only (sorry, guys)
– Mud (lots of it!)
– Architectural Obstacles (much better than shabby hay bales and shaky plywood)
– Pretty Epic Finish Line Party (Entertainment, music, drinks & celebration galore)
WHAT TO WEAR
Wear whatever you feel comfortable exercising in, as long as you don’t mind it getting dirty.
WHAT TO BRING
A valid ID and a signed copy of your waiver for check in.
Change of clothes. Bring a fresh set of comfortable clothes (including shoes) to change into after your wave. Don’t forget to include a plastic bag (to stash your muddy gear), waterproof sunscreen (sunburn and mud are not a good look) and a towel to dry off. There will be plenty of bathrooms on site, showers to rinse off and private changing areas so you can get clean and enjoy the day.
A camera. These are pretty awesome memories you’ll want to remember and share!
Cash and credit cards. We’ll have a variety of food and beverages available for purchase throughout the day, along with some pretty awesome gear.
Friends and family! We’ll have lots of places for them to cheer you on, take photos and add to the day’s excitement.
And here’s what to leave at home
Jewelry. We’d hate for your priceless family tiara to get lost in the mud!
Pets. Really, who wants to drive home with a wet, muddy dog?
Got more questions? Check out the FAQs page for answers!
But wait there’s morrrrrrre
Pretty Muddy has introduced a FAMILY EDITION of their event. What’s that? You ask? Well, this is a shortened version of the course designed to highlight the best portions and safe and fun for everyone. Women can bring their children, younger family members, even their significant others!
- Family Edition is 1 hour of “Family Waves” every 10 minutes, taking place after the “Female-only Waves” have commenced for the day.
- This wave is for women, their kids, and even their hubbies!
- Children must be 6 years old, and at least 48 inches tall in order to participate.
- Children 13 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult (18+) throughout the entire course.
- Those women that choose to participate in one of the “Female-only Waves” can run again with their families for free in the “Family Waves”.
- All finishers will receive a medal!
So, what do you say? Will you be there this year? Perhaps at another location closer to your home? Maybe marking it as a “must-do” for 2014?