Anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time knows I am in love with chocolate milk. I tried for their Team ReFuel in 2011 and 2012, sadly never getting enough votes to qualify. Still, it’s always fun to interact with them on Facebook or Twitter, and they always have the nicest representative at events like FitBloggin, where I can do things like run a few miles with new friends.
- It’s 21 days not 30 (hey I get posting ADD ya know)
- You get to drink chocolate milk
- Don’t you just feel like you’re in the cool kids club when you use hashtags?
What types of pictures are we talking about though? What level of “active” does a person need to be to play along? How about sharing a shot of your favorite yoga pose? Or the new group class you’re trying? Perhaps a glamour shot? Or some time outside with the kids? All daily challenges with #TryChocoMilk (click the image for a larger version).
On a more technical aspect of things, what is it I love about chocolate milk? For starters (and from their website) chocolate milk is or has:
- A natural source of high-quality protein to build lean muscle.
- The right carb-to-protein ratio scientifically shown to refuel and rebuild exhausted muscles.
- Vitamin A to support a healthy immune system and good vision.
- Electrolytes including calcium, potassium, sodium and magnesium to help replenish what’s lost in sweat.
- B vitamins for energy.
- Fluids to rehydrate.
- Calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, protein and potassium to build and maintain strong bones and reduce the risk for stress fractures.
Not listed are additional reasons I’ve grown to love it. Such as:
- I always have it in my home, so I don’t need to worry about special trips to stock up for a race
- I can make it as chocolatey as I want or need for the day
- I have dietary issues, I can’t process sports drinks, but I can process whole milk
- I can drink it cold or warm, I can add spices too! Spicy hot cocoa anyone?
- Try drinking chocolate milk and not smiling. It’s like a trained trait or instinct from childhood
There ya have it. What might be your reasons for loving or trying chocolate milk? Think you’ll be joining me in the #TryChocoMilk challenge?