Have any of you been to the site Midwest Living? There are some crazy awesome recipes and other ideas living over there.
Guess what I have? I’m so excited because I’ve wanted one for sooooo long and they were sooooo pricey and I couldn’t justify getting one. Then a magical fairy named Mom and her special Kohl’s cash + coupons + a grand sale lead me to the land of affordability. OH, are you ready to know? Eiip. I have a REAL Crock-Pot. A named brand slow cooker with special settings where it will turn itself off when finished cooking. No more burning my meals when I forget about them and oversleep. Did you hear it? The sound of angels rejoicing?
Alright, enough dramatics. I went on a hunt for some new slow cooker ideas and the fancy Midwest Living mentioned above delivered this gem to my table and mouth.
Nacho Cheese Chicken Chowder
What you need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (cubed or shredded depending on if you do it before or after cooking)
- 2 cans (14 oz) Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed nacho cheese soup
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn or try the 11 oz Mexicorn with peppers!
- Optional: Shredded Mexican-style or cheddar cheese
- Combine in a slow cooker, the chicken, undrained tomatoes, soup, and corn
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours
- Serve with cheese on top if desired
I used regular corn, but I would so use the Mexi-corn next time. One could also use frozen corn.
I noticed some stores have regular cheese soup instead of the fiesta nacho, I wonder if the chowder would come out, but with less kick?
Anyone else have a favorite slow cooker? I made TWO meals at once and without even trying had food for the whole week.