This week I made a cheesecake for my friend’s birthday. It was the first time I’ve made a cheesecake and my first time using the springform pan I was given at Christmas. I like the way I made this recipe, based on several Internet suggestions, because you get the effect of the “Turtle” flavor, but it would be easy to adapt this to any style of cheesecake. Remember the trick is to allow the cream cheese to sit out and come to room temperature which allows it to blend better and doesn’t create lumps or clumps in your cake.
What you need:
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crust mix
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Toppings: candied pecans, mini chocolate chips, caramel and chocolate sauces
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl combine the crust mix and butter until well blended
- Pour into springform pan and press firmly into the bottom
- Place springform on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine cream cheese (at room temperature), sugar, and vanilla
- Scrap the sides of the bowl as needed and slowly add in the eggs
- Pour mixture onto cooled crust then place the springform pan/cookie sheet back into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (when removing from oven the middle should have approximately a 2 inch section still looking “soft”, it will continue to bake and set after being removed)
- Allow to cool then refrigerate until serving
To serve, top with chocolate and caramel sauce, along with candied pecans and mini chocolate chips. ENJOY
Have you ever made a cheesecake? What’s your favorite recipe?
You should have seen me when this thing came out of the fridge. I was all “OMG the sides pulled away from the pan and look brown…just like a REAL cheese cake”. Then the sides of the spring form pulled away and there is sat on a plate looking all sore bought.
LOTS of people complimented me on the look and taste. Sadly due to my HUGE aversion to nuts I didn’t try the dish…but I plan to make it again when I finally get some of this weight off.