Creamy Ricotta Spinach and Pasta. Doesn’t it make your mouth water? I know it did for me! Well, we will get to that in a second, first let’s all be friends and check in with each other. A week sure goes by quickly doesn’t it? How is everyone doing with their resolutions (if you made them)? Not too shabby here. I was down for the count for a few days due to illness and other unavoidable bodily concerns. Presently, I’m back in business and looking forward to tackling another week. Have some fun plans this weekend and I’m super excited to be back to Zumba 2x a week.
Due to living on cereal and oatmeal for days on end…I didn’t spend too much time in the kitchen. What I DID create, was this wonderful dish inspired by Erin of The Spiffy Cookie. If you recall, Erin was one of my buddies from the Great Food Blogger Cookie Exchange! Recently, she posted a recipe for Creamy Ricotta Spinach & Shells and I immediately stored it on Pinterest. Well, in my school-girl-crush hurry I failed to notice her recipe is serving size 1 and also small shells instead of stuffed shells! C’est la vie! I boiled up my left-over elbow mac and dilanti pasta from other recipes, increased everything else by about 4, adjusted spinach intake and left out a few other items, and I was in business for deliciousness.
Creamy Ricotta Spinach & Pasta
What you will need:
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta (small shapes)
- 3-4 handfuls of chopped spinach
- 1 container (15oz) ricotta cheese
- 8 Tbsp milk
- Garlic powder, salt, and/or pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta al dente
- As the pasta reaches the end stage, toss in the spinach for a few moments. This could take longer if using frozen spinach
- Drain pasta/spinach mixture and return to pot while still warm
- Add in the ricotta and milk, mixing until well blended
- Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper or other favorite spices and herbs
- Stir in pasta sauce and pour mixture into an oven safe dish
- Top with mozzarella and place under the boiler until cheese is melted
- Serve and ENJOY!
Makes 4 servings