Many of you have probably noticed my increased mention of belVita breakfast biscuits on Twitter, Instgram, Pinterest, and yes even my day to day posts. It is true I was working on a campaign this month from FitFluential to help spread the word about belVita and how when paired with fruit and dairy it creates a quick, easy, and nutritious meal. However, my love for this product dates back longer than the arrival of every flavor on my door step.
I first tried belVita about a year or so ago, after falling in love with the quirky police commercial aired during the 2012 Super Bowl.
I tried the blueberry at first and was instantly in love. When my local grocer ran specials such as 2 for $5 I also tried the apple cinnamon and again found a winner. For me the best part of working with FitFluential to spread the word was being able to try all 5 US flavors.
- Apple Cinnamon
- Golden Oat
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar
In my morning experiments such as the parfait I created, I started figuring out which flavors I liked paired with each fruit or dairy. The apple cinnamon of course was great with an actual apple, the golden oat makes a good yogurt crumble, blueberry was a pleasant combo with an orange, chocolate (let’s be honest) is good any time and has become a go-to snack, but on a serious note I ate those with bananas, and the cinnamon brown sugar was another tasty crumble or really was an all purpose flavor. Most of us can figure out what types of fruit we like, but what about the dairy aspect? Try them with a glass of milk, a latte, yogurt, cottage cheese, or even a serving of regular cheese!
If you’re a fan of the Elvis Duran Morning show, you’ve been hearing him and Danielle gush over these very biscuits for a few weeks now. They keep mentioning a contest belVita is running where each day you can enter to win FREE belVita biscuits and/or $100 to help make your morning great, with the belVita All Morning Challenge! I know I’ve entered a few times myself. Just use your email and tell ’em what you did to make your morning that much better. My first entry went in weeks ago and I have not seen a single piece of spam, so I think you’re good to go on that aspect.
Information you may or may not know about belVita Breakfast Biscuits:
- Each individual package of 4 crunchy biscuits is portioned for breakfast and provides 18-20 grams of whole grains, 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein
- When I took my nutrition classes last spring we were taught to look for product with at least 3 grams of fiber. These make the cut and think of the added protein and/or fiber from the other items you pair with it!
- belVita Breakfast biscuits are specially baked to release energy regularly and continuously, giving you nutritious sustained energy all morning.
- I know for me, I don’t always get to do the ideal “eat every 2-3 hours” situation. Often I eat breakfast 700ish as I run out the door and am driving to work. I don’t eat again until 1230. Whenever I have belVita for breakfast I don’t get the “starving” feeling by lunch. This is why I started eating them last year and stuck with it. All other facts aside, I need something to keep me happy for all those hours!
- belVita Breakfast is now in 23 countries including France, Belgium, Czech Republic, Portugal, Hungary, Poland, the United Kingdom and Brazil.
- Do a search on Instagram for #belVita or even a Google Images search and look at the amazing flavors available to some of our overseas friends! I think it’s the UK where they have a version blended with yogurt! Yum!
- You can find belVita Breakfast Biscuits in the cookie/cracker aisle of your local grocery store at a suggested retail price of $3.69 per box.
- I think previously my local stores would do the 2 for $5 special, but lately I see more the 2 for $6. Still nearly a dollar off per box based on MSRP.
For the social media lovers out there, belVita has a following on Twitter as well as Facebook. When posting to Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram use the hashtag #belVita to follow the conversation for great recipe ideas or clever pairings you may want to try.
Now tell me. Have any of you tried belVita Breakfast Biscuits? What’s holding you back?
FTC Disclaimer: FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.