Well what do you know? Another month has come and gone. Meaning another installment of treats and wonders via the Foodie Penpals Program. For August it I received the following amazing box of goodies from Marcia of Travel, Run, Eat. I knew with that title I was not going to be disappointed. Marcia was amazingly sweet and paid very close attention to all my various food allergies, intolerances and preferences. In exchange I have a great box of new food to explore! No wonder people love this exchange.
The packaging reminded me of Christmas, which is just around the corner, believe it or not! Yikes. It also made me laugh because it’s re-purposed from a giveaway of protein bars, which I know since I was sent the same bars and the package was still sitting on my table. Way to be green Marcia! Nicely done!
I was a little nervous about the two waters, normally they have sugar substitute, but these really were simply water and flavoring! Very cool and such a nice treat while working a long day, but not wanting to grab a soda. The tea is a flavor I actually have bought myself, so it was nice to get a refill and the cookies were VERY exciting. Not just because they’re Disney and unique to the area she sent them from, but because they were prepackaged cookies I could actually eat!! Woo-hoo!
Under those items we had even more! The crispy apples, which are again simply dried apples. I think Heidi and I ate something similar on our road trip to Dirty Girl. A few snack bars of various flavoring and a close up of the tea I mentioned earlier.
I love various drinks and sweet treats so these were quite the pleasant surprise. Thanks again Marcia you were a trooper and a great penpal!
Want to check it out next month?
Here are the details:
- –On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- -You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- -The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- -You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- -Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- -Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will see if we get enough interest!