Well howdy partners! July has come and gone and you may know what that means, if you’ve been around the block a time or two in these here parts.
It’s time for Foodie Penpals Reveal day!
This month I was partnered with the wonderful Natalie, who sent me quite the care package. She doesn’t have a blog so unfortunately I can’t pay it forward in bloggy link love. On the other side of things, I sent a package over to Jenna at Momma Told Me, make sure you pop over to read her recap.
Seriously, look at all the stuff I was sent! When I opened the box I felt like I kept pulling out another bag or box and the fun would never end. Let’s break it down and examine my spoils.
In the fruit department we have dried apricots, chew apricot bars and Buddy Fruits of apple cinnamon and apple banana. The NATUREBOX dried fruit will be a perfect asset to my desk at work, for times I need a quick snack between clients. I’ve had the leather fruit bar type treats before and always find they are a great stash away in your purse when going walking or to an event sans food and you don’t want to bring much along. The Buddy Fruit is something I’ve never heard of before or tried. They seem awesome though, simply fruit, fruit juice, nothing artificial or creepy. I plan to use them for breakfast in a pinch or perhaps as a post workout snack?
I was also sent a collection of drinks. The dry lavender soda makes me a little nervous. 1) I’m not really a pop drinker so not sure how it’ll go over and 2) Not sure how lavender pop will taste? For some reason I get lavender and lilac mixed up and I don’t like the smell of lilacs, and I can’t stop thinking about it when I look at this soda. Haha. The two kinds of tea seem awesome though! Hello chocolate mint tea? Yes please!
Last, but not least we have the straight up treats collection. Ginger chews are a godsend when you’re out on a long run and begin to have stomach issues. Or for me, when I’m flying or in the car a long time because I am blessed with car sickness. *F*U*N* right here. Glad to have a few more in my arsenal. The GLEE gum made me smile, I love old fashioned design products and the flavors sound good too. Bubble gum, triple berry and tangerine? Yum. Makes me glad I am no longer in braces and can find a way to use them! The meringue drops are a new idea of me. They’re chocolate so that’s a plus, but I worry they’ll be too sweet. Mom made a lemon meringue pie once and I hated it…but that was way back in the day, perhaps my taste buds have changed? When I opened the dark chocolate chew my heart sunk because at first glance the picture made me think of coconut! Eiiip! Luckily my penpal paid attention and knew not to send me something I listed as an allergy. My coworker would chew/eat pure cocoa or whatever all the time and I wonder if I could enjoy the same thing? Tell me peeps is it like a candy bar but healthier?
Want in on this exchange next month?
Here are the Foodie Penpals details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
- If you’re new and interested in participating for August, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
- You must submit your information by August 4th as pairings will be emailed on August 5th! You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours if you sign up. IF YOU DON’T GET ONE, send an email to Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org!