Today is the last day of May and for those who have been following along in the new year, you know this means it is time for another Foodie Penpals Reveal Day.
This month I was sent a package from Brittnye over at The Healthy Living Chick. No offense to any other treat senders, as everything has been fabulous, but this package may be my favorite thus far!
What treats are included? Well, as you can see the top row has sugar cookie mix, chocolate chip muffin mix and pretzel crisps. Pretzel Crisps are my new found love and obsession. Next we have blueberry granola with flax cereal x2 and chocolate chunk hazelnut biscotti granola. Third row and the lil guy below are the oatmeal family. Maple & brown sugar, banana bread and cinnamon (all weight control) with blueberry almond being all fancy and organic. Having these easy meals/snacks will be great for cooking and making it through this 10 week program I’m in the middle of as we speak! Off to the side is the kiwi strawberry sparkling ice beverage. The concept is cool, but it has sucralose (fake sugar) so I won’t be able to enjoy it. Oh well. Not pictured is the peanut butter chocolate chip Lara bar…because it went away as soon as I saw it and was on my way to the gym. Side bar: yes, I am a Marathon Bars ambassador and yes, they are my preferred bar, but I am not so silly I’m going to refuse to eat something I am sent as a gift.
For those who are looking for an even more in-depth look at my treats and thoughts, here is a vlog I created.
Want to join in on the fun next month? Here are the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by June 4th as pairings will be emailed on June 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if we get enough interest this month!