The following recipe is an adaptation from Paula Dean’s Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding. I came across it on Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour’s page. Some of you may recall my family and I ate at a local BBQ place a few weeks ago. I kept asking for “Bread Pudding” and confusing the crap out of everyone, because I really meant the awesome sounding banana pudding on the menu. BP is one of those treats where there’s a certain nostalgia attached. As we age we come across more sophisticated designs and ingredients, and I admit even what is posted below is a step above what may be totally needed, but when all is said and done most of us think fondly upon childhood and summer days spent eating banana pudding. Created with bananas, pudding, Cool Whip and Nilla Wafers.
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- 4-6 bananas
- 2 boxes French Vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box cream cheese
- 12 oz whip topping
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 dish with Nilla Wafers (or other preferred cookie).
- Place sliced bananas over the layer of cookies.
- In a large bowl mix the pudding and milk together.
- In another large bowl, mix the cream cheese and condensed milk.
- Slowly add in the whipped topping with the cheese and milk mixture.
- Add the whipped mixture to the pudding and blend thoroughly.
- Pour and spread on top of the banana layer.
- For a final touch decorate with additional wafers on the top.
Photos & Comments
When I post a recipe I tend to use the name brand of what I purchased. Please remember I am not being compensated by any brand for mentioning their name and you are more than welcome to use your preferred brand/type. If I am ever asked to mentioned something or am compensated you will be clearly informed.
Not gonna lie I was sampling the various portions as I made this creation and OH BOY it’s going to be a hit!
I know I use a lot of cream cheese in my baking, I need to cut that out if I am to be healthier.
Emme kept begging while I was creating. I think she thinks dogs like pudding. Maybe they do?
I’m very childhood orientated lately. Did everyone see the Twitter pic I posted of the homemade pudding pops I was eating at work?
I saw cinnamon Cool Whip at the store. Me thinks there is another desert recipe in the works…
Thanks to Sarah over at Cooker Girl I may have a very fun line up to share with you shortly. We shall see….