As many of you know I am a HUGE fan of Emergen-C. Throughout my internship I would drink it warm in the morning instead of traditional tea, or I’d drink it cold when regular water wasn’t enough. I swear by it to keep my from getting sick when I travel and when I participate in gift exchanges I usually throw some in the goodie bag to spread the love. Which is why I was so excited when Lisa sent me an email to tell me about a cute promotion available on Facebook through Emergen-C. Click on the graphic to check it out, but first scroll down to read more.
You can send a personalized video message (a Fruit-O-Gram, if you will) sung by a cast of fruit, including an orange MC and a robotic pomegranate. By filling out a few short questions about your chosen recipient, you can create a Fruit-O-Gram for any of the following six occasions:
Hooray, You Were Born
Something Awesome Happened, Congrats
Baby, I’m Thinking of You, Baby
I Owe You One
You Can Do It
Just Because We’re Facebook Friends
If this all sounds a tad strange (why is the pomegranate a robot?), that’s because it is. And that’s just what people have come to expect from Emergen-C’s digital offerings — quirky, lighthearted fun.
How Does It Work?
Choose one of six occasions.
Fill in a few blanks about the recipient to personalize your message.
Preview the instantly created Fruit-O-Gram.
Post the video on your friend’s Facebook Wall or send it to them via email.
Wait impatiently at your phone or computer (or maybe you’re cool enough to have a tablet?) for them to send a Fruit-O-Gram in return.
Visit facebook.com/emergenc to try it for yourself
Want to know more about Emergen-C over all? Well according to their Facebook fan page:
Emergen-C® fizzy vitamin drink mixes offer a fast, fun and fruity way to help you Feel the Good®! Each packet of the health and energy enhancing* formula fizzes in water to provide 24 nutrients, including 1,000 mg of immune supporting vitamin C,* 7 B vitamins to enhance energy naturally* (no caffeine, no crash), electrolytes to refuel and replenish post-workout,*and more.
|Click the logo to go to the main website|
And just for fun here is an at home commercial my sister and I made to promote the good taste and effects of Emergen-C. Pay special attention to the Emergen-C cameo.
How can you get some of your own? Well, one way is to head to your local retail location and buy a supply of your favorite flavor(s). Another way is to enter my giveaway to win one of two sets of four awesome combinations! You paid attention to the commercial, right? Well good because that “wall of immunity” is what you’re trying to win! The flavors include 3 specially designed kidz versions, grape, fruit punch and orange, and an immunity plus blueberry acai! With 30 packets each that is 120 servings of Emergen-C. HOLY COW!
How do you enter? Simply scroll down and leave me a comment. Yep, that is all! Of course I would LOVE if you followed me here, on Twitter or on Facebook, but we all know I can’t require you to do so in order to get an entry.
If you do feel like going above and beyond though, feel free to follow Emergen-C on Facebook and let ’em know how sent you. Or follow them on Twitter and punch out a sweet 140 character or less note letting ’em know you’re trying to win some of their goodies from me. Such as “I’m hoping to win some delicious @Emergenc from @ROJRunning. To keep me going strong!” Again, not required, but appreciated.
Read below for the fun legal disclaimer, including but not limited to
- I was provided with the giveaway items free of charge in exchange for writing about Emergen-C and the “Say It with Fruit” promotion. Opinions are my own.
- 2 winners will be chosen using random.org
- Open to US residents only
- Giveaway closes 2/19/12 at midnight
1. Eligibility. Giveaway is open to readers with US shipping addresses only, unless otherwise stated.
2. How to Enter. Entry is made by leaving a comment on the giveaway post. A limit of one entry is allowed per e-mail address. You may not enter more than once, whether or not you use a different e-mail address.
3. Disclaimer. I was provided with the products for the giveaway free of charge in exchange for blogging about the “Say It with Fruit” promotion.
4. Entry Deadline Date. All entries for the giveaway must be received on or before February 19, 2012 midnight EST to be eligible to win a prize.
5. Winner Selection. A prize number will be assigned to your entry upon receipt of your entry. A winning number will be generated using Random.org on or shortly after the Entry Deadline Date. If your Prize Number matches the Winning Number, and you meet the eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official Giveaway Rules, you win the prize.
6. Winner Notification. You will be notified within three (3) days after the Entry Deadline Date if you win the prize.
7. Claiming Your Prize. Winner must respond within three (3) days of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected.
8. Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
9. Prize Substitution. Winner may not substitute the prize for any other prize or for cash.
10. Publicity. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name and prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, except where prohibited by law, without further payment or other consideration.
11. General Release. By entering the giveaway through this website, you release ROJ Running from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.