Welcome back from your food comas!
I know many of us are already taking part in a few exchanges. There’s the 2nd annual holiday blogger gift exchange from Jill at Run with Jill. And there is also the sock swap from Courtney at Third Time’s A Charm Runner. If neither of those strike your fancy, or if you simply love getting and giving gifts I am hosting one of my own.
Introducing the Holiday Ornament Exchange!
After doing a Google search, I was saddened to find most exchanges have already closed their virtual doors to new participants. Yes, it is getting nearer to the season, but many people put off holiday shopping and talking until after Thanksgiving. In honor of those people I want to give a chance to kick start your excitement, while still having a chance to hang your gift on your tree if you so see fit.
The guidelines are simple.
- Leave me a comment or send me a message (JULIE@ROJRUNNING.COM) with your name & email, letting me know you’re interested. It doesn’t matter if 2 or 200 people sign up, everyone will be assigned a partner.
- If you want, feel free to leave details such as favorite color, interests, theme of your decorations, etc.
- I am willing to allow US and Canadian sign ups, please feel free to indicate if you would prefer to ship w/in your own country.
- Spending cap is $10 US. If you feel the need to spend more, I can’t stop you, but please do not get upset if in return you get something less than what you spent. Also please do not send the cheapest gift you can find in hopes of getting one better…it’s your reputation after all.
- That being said…be creative! If you have a talent for hand crafting, make some decorations. If you see a deal on a cute set, scoop it up!
- Spread the word! We want to make this as much of a success as possible.
- When you get your package, show it off! Take pictures and post to your blog with a link back. Leave a comment letting me know it’s up, I’ll create a post showcasing everyone’s exchanges.
- Finally, please let me know by Dec 4th if you want to take part. I will be swapping names on the 5th, please try to get your items out by the 10th. If you come across this post after the 5th, and you know you can shop and ship by the 10th, let me know and I’ll see what I can do for you.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I may have left out a detail you’re dying to know.
Ps. You do not need a blog to take part in this exchange, but if your partner has one, please take a moment to stop over and read/comment. I would also ask you send me a picture via email when your ornament arrives so I can share it with everyone still.
Feel free to scoop up this image for the link back. And post it to your sidebar if you have one.