Howdy friends. How goes the week for all of you? Not too bad over here, it’s a rather standard week. I’ve exercised, watched NetFlix, saw friends and went to work. All in all, not too shabby, huh? Wanted to pop in and share a few highlights/moments with you on this chilly Thursday morning.
1. Last weekend my family and I went for our first Fall Hiking Spree Hike. We “only” did a mile, but we were easing into it. I later went and walked 2 other miles with some friends in one of their neighborhoods. On the way back we stopped at a local orchard for homemade ice cream (I snagged butterscotch) and to buy honey crisp apples. They did not have those particular apples, but I did score a bunch of green peppers for like $3 and then I learned about “seconds” apples and what “a peck of apples” looks like. It looks like I scored a TON of apples for only $2! Yay!
2. As many of you know I am running the Philadelphia Marathon in November and am super excited about it. My trip and race are all included thanks to being on Team Gore Running Wear. I hope didn’t get that wrong, but it’s the team for GORE-TEX the official sponsor of the event. Those on the team are flying to HQ tomorrow for a tour of GORE-TEX to learn more about what makes them so fantastic. Although I was not able to go since there are lockout dates at work due to our move, they were kind enough to send me my training and race kit via UPS. My kits consisted of many wonderful items. Which I promise to soon take much better picture of to share.
I have two tops (tank and tee) a pair of short, a pair of capri pants and 4 “jackets”.
1. Yellow tank: AIR 2.0 LADY TANK Top
2. Black and white short sleeved shirt: ESSENTIAL 2.0 LADY Shirt
3. Black capris : MAGNITUDE LADY Tights 3/4
4. Black shorts : MAGNITUDE LADY Tights short
5. Black wind stopper vest: SUNLIGHT 3.0 WINDSTOPPER® Active Shell LADY Vest
6.Red wind stopper jacket: ESSENTIAL WINDSTOPPER® Active Shell Partial LADY Jacket
7. Blue GORE-TEX jacket #1 : SUNLIGHT 2.0 GORE-TEX® Active LADY Jacket
8. Black and Yellow GORE-TEX jacket #2 : MYHTOS 2.0 GORE-TEX® Active LADY Jacket
I wore the tights to Zumba on Wednesday. I really liked how well they stayed in place and they do have support in all the right places….even for being short the pants worked well for me. I will say they are not Zumba friendly pants, but I think they will be GREAT fall and winter running pants….which of course is what they’re designed to do!
Currently my only concern/complaint is the pricing. The blue jacket I like? It’s $150 listed price on their main website. The yellow tank? $80 listed. If you don’t care about color though, both of those are available on Amazon (not affiliated, just obsessed) the tank is between $28-40 and the jacket is $34-60….HUGE differences in price.
3. My grandmother gave me a ton of quilting books to look through last weekend.
I love it! There’s so many “old fashioned” patterns, but they’re great for beginning. It’s also great to see how they’re not so much “old fashioned” as “timeless” because I see something apparently simply, then I recognize it in one of her quilts and I see how with the right patterned fabric and color scheme, it transforms into something that looks much more complex. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a detailed process and I’m not short changing her work in the least, but it gives me hope to develop my skills and eye for design. As I wrap up my main quilt blocks and designs I will be learning about sashing and boarders and then finally binding. I’m nervous and excited. I’m hoping once I gave a base level of comfort I can step out of my zone and sign up for a more detailed class….of course once I have money again, ya know?
Well that concludes my little check-in. Feel free to share how you’ve been doing, love to hear other people’s stories too!